Sunday, December 12, 2010

Goodwill treasure

I found this book shelf at Goodwill one day for 5 dollars and I couldn't help buying it. It was just calling to me to re-do it. And I was in a crafty mood so I couldn't resist. I forgot to take a before picture, but just imagine this but black with some nicks and scratches on it.. took care of those and gave it a nice cleaning and paint job turning it BROWN.First coat of the brown and let me tell ya it was already looking better. But I decided to dress it up some more and make it more fun. I got some cute scrapbook paper and modpodged' (Spelling?) it up. I wasn't IN LOVE with it but I was happy it at least looked better then when I bought it.

Our good friends were have a garage/bake/boutique sale to raise money for their daughter who just got cancer. Sweetest family ever, anyways I decided to donate it to that and help them raise some money. I have no clue if it sold for 1-5-10-or 20 dollars but I was just glad to help out.

I liked doing it though.. and now i'm going to look for more treasures at Goodwill.. just you wait. Some day ill get good at this stuff like my sister and my in-laws and ill have a house full of cute things!


1 comment:

Staci at Craftify It ! said...

I'm showing this off on my craft blog! You are amazing:)